Two great summer treats that go great together? Ripe cherry tomatoes and fresh BC (or other) prawns! We have all made or at least eaten the traditional bruschetta with tomatoes and garlic, but this is hardly anymore work and the results are sublime. Try serving these with a salad of mixed greens for a luncheon or starter course. To serve as an appetiser, simply slice the baguette into rounds, grill lightly and place mixture on top. Voila!
Makes 4 servings or 4 dozen appies.
- 1 lb. (455 g) fresh prawns, shelled
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) capers
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) fresh, minced basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) assorted tomatoes, diced if larger tomatoes are used
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette or ficelle, sliced in half and grilled for entrees or sliced into into 1/2″ (1.2 cm) thick rounds and grilled for appies