Make 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) mashed sweet potatoes/yams (canned or steamed or leftover roasted)
- 2 3/4 cups ( 687 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 mL) salt
- 3/4 cups (188 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen blueberries
Preheat to 375°F. Line 12 muffin tray with paper liners.
Sift flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
Measure enough mashed sweet potatoes to equal 2 1/2 cups . Transfer to large bowl. Add sugar and oil to sweet potatoes. Using electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add eggs 2 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Add vanilla. Add blueberries and mix lightly until just folded in.
Pour batter into prepared muffin pans. Bake until tester inserted near centre comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely. Enjoy!
you may enjoy these too:
- Brandied Eggnog Cookies
- New Potatoes with Caramelized Onions, Golden Raisins, & Pinenuts
- mulled winter nuts
- sun-dried cranberry & hazelnut stuffing
- Minted English Peas & Carrots