Summer may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the sweet tastes of the garden for while longer yet. The corn is coming in fast and furious and is at its sweetest and juiciest right now – perfect for fresh recipes like this super easy salsa. Serve this with our Original Raincoast Crisps, your favourite crispy tortilla chips, or alternatively alongside some grilled chicken or fish at this weekend’s Labour Day BBQ!
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
In a sauté pan over a medium heat warm the olive oil add the corn sauté for 1-2mins. Remove from the heat and spoon into a mixing bowl combine with, jalapeño, red onion cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir in avocado.