Nothing shows off the early bounty of Spring like a good primavera! Tons of fresh herbs and new vegetables all tossed together with a good quality pasta and drizzled with beautiful olive oil are the very definition of freshness. This is a super quick and easy crowd pleaser so make plenty – you can always store any leftovers for a delicious pasta salad to enjoy outside on these lovely Spring days.
- 2 boxes farfelle pasta cooked off al denté
- 2/4 cup (187 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) garlic
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) chilis
- 1 red onion julienned
- 1 red pepper 1/4″ dice
- 1 yellow pepper 1/4″ dice
- 4 cups (1 L) mushrooms quartered
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced shitake mushrooms
- 4 cups (1 L) asparagus cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) peas
- 2 zucchini sliced in half then on the angle
- 1 cup (500 mL) total of basil/parsley/rosemary/dill
- 1 1/2 cups (625 mL) fresh Parmesan Reggiano
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) lemon oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the water before draining.
Sauté chilis, onion and garlic. Add 1/4 cup (62 mL) of the reserved water and reduce again by half. Add mushrooms and asparagus. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Add zucchini and peas. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Add in a small amount of reserved liquid if needed.
Season with sea salt and pepper and lemon oil. Add pasta and stir to combine. Toss well with herbs and parmesan. Garnish with basil leaves and parmesan – serve immediately.
you may enjoy these too:
- Bring the outdoors in for Christmas
- Cranberry Christmas Granola
- olive and fig tapenade
- Brandied Eggnog Cookies
- New Potatoes with Caramelized Onions, Golden Raisins, & Pinenuts